Monday, December 15, 2008

The Gift: The Perfect Gift

Hi bloggers,
first thing first, my apology for not being able to update my blog during my semester break. (tho i have a lot to say about my break) haha...
well, last weekend i went to the Sunway Pyramid with my sister. We went to Popular Book stores and i glanced through all books there. Suddenly, something caught my eyes!!!
it's a new book from my favourite author, Cecelia Ahern. A book called The Gift.
you guys might be asking why The Gift?
well, i certainly have reasons to give =)
1. it's my favourite author! Cecelia Ahern. (previously,i have read 2 books written by Cecelia; Ps i Love you and Where Rainbow Ends). I fell in love with these two books. Swear God!
2. it's then the cover that caught my attention
3. the title itself...simple yet make me feel curious
4. the synopsis
5. ......yet to know (haha)
i'm indeed want to have a copy of this book so badly. unfortunately, i dont have enough cash to buy it, as for now. the price is RM79.90...
it's okay...i'm hoping that someone will buy me one as my birthday gift =) or i'll buy it on my own (^_^)
Here is the synopsis of this book. (btw, i think that the main character of this book, Lou Suffern, shares few similaries with me. maybe that's the more reason i should read it...haha)
Synopsis:
Step into the magical world of Cecelia Ahern If you could wish for one gift this Christmas, what would it be? Everyday Lou Suffern battled with the clock. He always had two places to be at the same time. He always had two things to do at once. When asleep he dreamed. In between dreams, he ran through the events of the day while making plans for the next. When at home with his wife and family, his mind was always someplace else. On his way into work one early winter morning, Lou meets Gabe, a homeless man sitting outside the office building. Intrigued by him and on discovering that he could also be very useful to have around, Lou gets Gabe a job in the post room. But soon Lou begins to regret helping Gabe. His very presence unsettles Lou and how does Gabe appear to be in two places at the same time? As Christmas draws closer, Lou starts to understand the value of time. He sees what is truly important in life yet at the same time he learns the harshest lesson of all. This is a story about people who not unlike parcels, hide secrets.They cover themselves in layers until the right person unwraps them and discovers what's inside.Sometimes you have to be unravelled in order to find out who you really are. For Lou Suffern, that took time.
Regards,
Hafiq Hasan Basri
TheGift-is-the-PerfectGift

8 comments:

playdoh said...

yg buku p.s i love you tu. i penah baca skit2. hehe. sbb my fren's gf got the novel. dia ckp buku tu best, sbb i selalu je nampak dia pegang novel tu. best ke? pinjammm

playdoh said...

dia ada movie kan?

F-I-Q-O said...

best sgt..no lie! hehe...
yeah ader movie...hillary swank yg blakon. but the book is even more better than the movie.

kalau x caye, cuba tanye ur fren's gf. =)

Helmi Abhas said...

pity fiqo
msti interesting sgt buku tu
ala pinjam kat library sudah.
xP

F-I-Q-O said...

haha...
tell me which library has that book?
kekeke

Anonymous said...

i think only ps i love you is worth reading coz where rainbows end bosan gle...

so i wud nvr spend 79.90 for cecilea ahern's work =P

F-I-Q-O said...

omg...where rainbow ends is one of my favourite...(i mean the early and the middle part of the book). so how could you say that it's boring?
haha...
but nvm, i still like it regardless of what you think about the book.

btw, thanx for the comment =)

p/s--> maybe it's worth it to be spending rm79.90 for me ;p

F-I-Q-O said...

yay...
my beloved cousin, Kak Erin, she bought me a copy of this book. =)